Right up front I'm going to tell you I've stolen the hell out of these rules. Plagiarism, although frowned upon, is not something mentioned in the rules.
- While the majority of the University has served approximately 3 to 4 years in a penitentiary, we would enjoy it if everyone could make it to the end of the hunt without handcuffs this year. Don't break laws. Everything on the list can be acquired legally. Most seriously. If it seems like you need to break a law to complete an item, it seems like that because your brain is too small. Call your parents. Your mother probably knows what to do.
- Don't screw with other teams, plz.
- Any questions you have should be asked by and only by your team captain. Don't ask for item clarification or if a specific item will get you extra points or whatever. Do ask for rule clarifications and other general admin questions.
- All items are due by noon in the ...judgatorium. Place your team and its items in a clearly delineated space while awaiting judgment. A list with the items you're acquired noted would be nice, too.
- Each team will be issued a disposable camera at Commencement. This camera should be used for all items requiring photography, and you should bring both the prints and negatives to the judging. If it turns out there are more than 24 items requiring photographs, we'll do something else. We love digicams as much as the next person, but they're sooo easy to doctor.
- Items are worth the points listed on the...list. Extra points can be added by head judges if we think your item is particularly radical or if you've got a nice shirt on. If you think something is unfair, write up a formal appeal, and the head judges will investigate, cracking skulls along the way.
- Don't slip Pierce any tongue. He's a gentleman.
- Roadtrip. Optional, but full of fun and points. Rule Number One is in fucking full effect for this one. Don't do anything stupid, drive smart, buckle up, keep the radio at a reasonable volume, etc, etc. The Roadtrip can be easily completed sans any sort of recklessness, so stay cool.
- The head judges have the final word on pretty much everything.
- DON'T BREAK-A THE LAWS. You kids, you think you are the superman, yes? But the polizia, he will come-a for us.